Find a Place to Call "Home"
Our commitment to fair housing provides an opportunity for all people living in one of the properties we manage to call “home.”
Here’s everything you need to provide as a potential resident to ensure a smooth application process.
Applying for a Home
- Each person who resides in the home over the age of 18 must complete a rental application.
- The application fee is non-refundable and is $40 per applicant.
- We use this fee to process credit and criminal background checks.
- Our standard lease term is a minimum of 24 months on single-family homes.
- We will consider a 12-month lease on Multi-Family units.
We select the best-qualified person to move into our homes by evaluating on the items below.
- Provide a valid state ID & social security card.
- Provide a recent MLGW bill with a $0 balance.
- We will evaluate your credit score.
- No prior evictions or bankruptcies within five years.
- Criminal background screening
- Proof of good rental history.
- Make sure you have already given the notice to vacate to your current landlord.
- Most landlords will not verify rental history until the resident has presented their notice to vacate.
- The responsible payer for the rent must have a net income four times the rent.
- To verify income, we require the two most recent pay periods.
- If you are starting a new job, an offer letter from your employer on the company letterhead with your manager's work phone number will be required.
- You must provide documentation of:
- Any additional income
- Child support
- Or other benefits.
- Self-employment income must be supported by:
- The previous year's tax return
- The current year's profit and loss statement
- Six months' bank statements.
- Co-Signer must make 5 times the rent (not combined), a minimum credit score of 700 and pass the credit, rental and background evaluation as normal
Pre-Payments, Move-in Costs & Fees
Most property management companies will charge an entire month's security deposit.
We understand the cost of moving, so our reservation fee will reduce the burden of those costs.
You must sign your lease within 30 days of placing your reservation fee.
Not signing the lease within that time frame will forfeit the reservation fee, and the home will return to the market.
- If you’re approved, instead of a deposit, we require a non-refundable reservation fee.
- Depending on your credit score, this fee may be up to 1.5x the rent amount.
- That fee reserves the property for you.
- We remove the property from available status, so this fee will not be refunded if you change your mind about moving into the property.
- Pet fees are due at the time of lease signing.
- On the day of move-in, there will be a $175 non-refundable administration fee.
At CB Properties, we believe that everyone deserves to be treated fairly at all times. As an equal opportunity housing provider, CB Properties provides housing opportunities regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, physical or mental disability, familial status or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. Our commitment to fair housing provides an opportunity for all individuals living in one of the properties we manage to call “home”.
Homes for Rent
Find a house to call home by browsing our fantastic rental properties.