Our Residents are Partners too.
Here’s everything you need to provide as a potential resident to ensure a smooth application process.
Each person who reside in the home over the age of 18 must complete a rental application. The Application fee is non-refundable and is $40 per applicant. This fee is used to process credit and criminal background checks.
Our standard lease term is a minimum of 24 months on single family homes. We will consider a 12 month lease on Multi-Family units.
Qualifications — the following items below will be evaluated towards selecting the best qualified individual to move into our homes.
- Provide a valid state ID or Drivers License & social security card if lost or missing please apply for a new one at https://www.ssa.gov/ssnumber/
- Passport for non U.S. citizen
- MLGW in good standing - provide current MLGW bill in applicants name, $250 max carryover balance - no cut off notices - MLGW clearance letter
- Minimum credit score of 525 - Experian
- Number of charge offs - debt to income ratio and account in collections, revolving credit accounts in good standing
- No prior evictions within the past 5 years or FED filings within 3 - if older than 5 years must provide current rental ledger in good standing
- No active bankruptcy or have filed bankruptcy within the last 3 years - must provide proof of discharge & established 2 lines of credit in good standing since discharge
- Criminal background evaluation - no violent crimes - non-violent violations & misdemeanors will be evaluated on a case by case basis to include number of reoccurrences and most recent offense.
- Proof of good rental history. Must provide rental ledger - if no ledger is available, must be able to provide proof of rental payments of at least 12 consecutive months - no handwritten or excel spreadsheets will be accepted. You cannot owe a previous landlord.
- Responsible payer(s) for the rent must have a gross income of 3.5x the rental amount. We require 2 months of income for verification purposes. If you are starting a new job, a signed offer letter from your employer on company letter head within the last 2 weeks with your employers contact information will be required. Official documentation of any additional income, SSI, alimony, child support or any other benefits must be provided
- Self employment income must be supported with the previous year tax return, current year profit and loss statement and 6 month worth of bank statements.
- Supplemental income - Uber, Uber Eats, Lyft, Shipt, etc. must provide 2 months worth of bank statements in addition to required paystubs.
- Co-Signer qualifications & requirements must gross 5 times the rent (not combined) a minimum credit score of 700 (applicants credit score must be at least 500) pass credit, rental & background evaluation as normal.
Pre-Payments – Move in Cost
We do not take a deposit, rather we charge a non-refundable reservation fee that will take the property off the market and reserve for you until the lease signing day.
- Depending on your credit score, the reservation fee will be up 1x to 1.5x the rent amount. That fee reserves the property for you. Because we remove the property from available status, under no circumstances will this be refunded if you change your mind about moving into the property
- Pet fees are due at the time of lease signing
- On the day of move in, there will be a $175 non-refundable administration fee
At CB Properties we believe that everyone deserves to be treated fairly at all times. As an equal opportunity housing provider, CB Properties provides housing opportunities regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, physical or mental disability, familial status or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Our commitment to fair housing provides an opportunity for all individuals living in one of the properties we manage to call “home”