FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- How do I enter a Maintenance Order?
- How soon do you handle maintenance request?
- What do you consider an emergency?
- What are the qualifications & process to rent your homes? (Link to that page here)
Qualifications: See our Qualifications page
- All applications are done online ($40 non-refundable application fee per applicants and anyone over 18 years old needs to be on application), Apply here link
- You can view the home with one of our in housing leasing agents or through 24 hour self-showing access through Rently.com
- Approvals can be done within 24-48 hours assuming all documentation is received once the application is submitted online
- Once approved, applicants must place the Non-refundable reservation fee which is half the first month’s rent or $500 whichever is greater. Doing this takes the property off the market. Other then the $100 move in fee, there are no other fees or deposits collected
- The new tenant has 30 days from the reservation fee to sign and move in the home or it goes back on the market.
- When is rent due?
- How do I pay rent?
- What forms of payment do you take?
- What are your office hours?
- Who is my point of contact for customer service?
- What length lease do you accept?
- Can I extend my lease on a month to month basis?
- I need to move out early, what is your procedure?
- Do you allow pets?
We receive maintenance orders 24 hours a day. For best customer service and in accordance with The Tennessee Uniform Residential Landlord and Tenant Act, Maintenance Request must be in writing. The easiest way to accomplish this is to log into your portal and enter the request here. If you are having problems logging into your portal, you may email email@example.com. That email will go to several different individuals within our office on their desktop computer and cell phones.
Our goal is ASAP as we realize maintenance can be more than just an inconvenience, but a total disruption of your life. Some maintenance request that come in late Friday may not be able to be completed until Monday because supply houses containing the part to fix your home are closed on the weekend. Also, some repairs could be delay if a certain part is not available locally. In the summer and winter time, we do see a spike in AC and Heat calls. When we get your request, we immediately start working on your work order; although we have several vendors to handle these issues, even they get backed up too and it is possible to be without these services for 2 to 3 days. We suggest being proactive by having a window unit on stand by or heating device to keep your comfortable until we can get your heating or air issue resolved.
Most items are not an emergency where we need to be immediately contacted as there is only so much we can do after hours. If there is a fire, call the fire department, then email us the following morning. If your pipes are busted, go the street or master shut off valve location in the house to turn the water off and email us in the AM.
Rent is always due on the 1st of the month. Rent is considered late on the 2nd, however, there is a grace period that allows you to pay by close of business on the 5th. After the 5th, there will be a 10% late fee on the balance of your current month of rent. If our office is closed due to inclement weather during the 1st to the 5th, the grace period is extended the next day our office is open.
We have a few convenient options for you to choose from. Rent must be in hand by close of business on the 5th.
• Online through your portal – this is the preferred method as it creates a instant confirmation that your rent has been paid.
• Mailing to P.O. Box 17462, Memphis, TN 38187. If you mail your rent to us and it does not arrive to our office when the postal service makes their delivery on the 5th, your rent will be considered late and a 10% late fee payment will be charged
• Rent Track, this option allows you to build credit while paying rent. Download this document for more information. This also creates an online confirmation for you once your payment is made.
In office. If you choose this option, there is a $10 fee that must be paid when making your rent payment
• Money order
• Cashiers Checks
• Online payments
We do not accept personal checks.
Monday through Friday, 8:30AM to 5PM, Monday through Friday. If you are wanting to view houses, we have agents available 7 days a week. Sunday is my appointment only
During the lease signing, you will be introduced to your Tenant Relations Representative. If you have a simple question, email through your portal or to his/her specific email address. If you need to speak with your Tenant Relations For best customer service, we suggest emailing her or using the call schedule app you were given to set up a specific time for a call. This avoids incoming and returned calls to be missed.
Our minimum lease for single family homes is 18 months. If you need shorter, an additional amount to the advertised rent may be levied.
Yes. An additional $100 a month will be added to your rental amount.
Your lease is a binding contract, however, if you need to break your lease, we require a 30 day written notice through your portal. The penalty for breaking your lease is an additional payment on your lease for the month after you move out. That penalty must be received prior to move out. Not paying your lease break fee will result in late fees, legal fees, collection fees and credit reporting
Yes on acceptable pets. To inquire which pets are acceptable, either ask your leasing agent or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Each pet requires a non-refundable pet fee of $250 and an additional $10 a month per pet is levied.